Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Art Challenge!


Hello! I am going to be challenging myself in the jolly ol' month of January, 2009. And I'm gonna be helped by viewers like you! 

How you ask? By responding to this post. Yep. Just make a request of something you'd like me to draw for you, and Saturday (if I have enough requests) I'll pick four at random, and each following Saturday I'll post one. I'll be treating them as if they are from clients. If I'm pleased enough with how I did I'll put it in my portfolio on my website instead of posting it here. 

A few rules, nothing rated R, or anything like that. You know me (theoretically) so I'm not gonna be drawing crazy things of a adult-bedroom nature or have swearing all over, or other vulgarities. Don't wanna do them, and if I did I'd have to put this journal on the adult content warning thing, and that's annoying too.

5 comments:

  1. Draw a scene of post apocalyptic space love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A three panel serial. Weekly. Pulp era comics-esque cliffhangers. With ninjas, zombies, pirates and cyborgs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting idea! I would love either a portrait of Grayson Hall, either as herself or in one of her roles (given your flair for the exotic, I'd be intrigued to see how you would render Magda), OR a portrait of Pan in one of his playful, faun-like moods!

    Wishing you all the very best... your holiday card was simply fabulous! I predict your work will be acclaimed as an "instant classic"!

    Best, Shimmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. First idea I have is drawing the god emperor of mankind from Warhammer 40k, but instead of his head putruding from the armor its a guinea pig.
    Second idea I have is Franky from One Piece punching michael bay saying his trademark line.
    And my final idea is, Is a four or more panel comic or maybe more, first off is congress singing the "send uwe boll into space act to make the movie industry better" then him strapped to a missle, and third the president saluting him as he goes into space, and the final panel everyone celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A ha, above post by "freetre" is not actually me, but my brother using my account to post his request. Yay Brian!

    ReplyDelete